While most restaurant and retail store owners use a point of sale system to more effectively manage their daily operations, savvy business owners utilize a variety of features from their point of sale system to market to customers in new and innovative ways. The most popular POS system marketing trends are:
1. Dual display - some point of sale systems come equipped with a customer facing pole display or dual display capability in which advertising messages can be displayed to customers as they check out.
2. Advertising on receipts - one of the more popular recent trends is to place a discount or promotional ad at the bottom of a receipt given to a customer to entice them to return.
3. Loyalty programs - Want your good customers to return? A good point of sale system should have a loyalty program that will help you create and deliver attractive promotions to keep customer’s coming back.
4. Gift programs - The sale of gift cards is a great way to promote your store or restaurant.
5. Direct Mail and Email Marketing- Analyze and extract accurate customer data including buying preferences and purchasing history.
For more information on how to effectivley manage your business with your point of sale system, send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org